BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

footprints

now 12.51am
still cannot fall asleep
so i just take out a book which i have neglected for ages
it is a present from my sister
a poem inside really touched me
just as how its beautiful book cover have attracted me to read it...

One night i dreamed a dream
I was walking alone the beach with my lord
Across the dark sky flashes scenes from my life
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints
in the sand
one belonging to me and one to my lord
When the last scene of my life shot before me
I looked back at the footprints in the sand
and to my surprise
I noticed that many times along the path of my life
there was only one set of footprints
I realised that this was at the lowest
and saddest times of my life
This always bothered me
and I questioned the lord about my dilemma

"Lord, you told me when I decided to follow you
You would walk and talk with me all the way
But I'm aware that during the most troublesome
times of my life there is only one set of footprints
I just don't understand why, when I needed you most
You leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child
I love you and will never leave you
never, ever, during your trials and testings
When you saw only one set of footprints
it was then that I carried you."
Yes, Lord.
Thank you for carrying me all these while
Console me when I'm down
Ease my mind when I felt frustrated
Provide me strength to face the challenges of tomorrow,tomorrow and tomorrow
Bless me with a healthy mind and soul
And most importantly,
Love me more than anything else...
I LOVE YOU TOO, MY LORD!!!

0 comments: